from Charlie's Aunt Designs
This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you make a purchase using any of these links. Disclaimer
The Poacher’s Bag is inspired by British country life in the 1940’s with a gathered front pocket set into a pieced front. It features an unusual shaped flap and a template for an interior pocket that doubles as an alternative flap option. This style can be made with a coordinated fabric strap, or a purchased leather strap attached with tabs. Poacher’s Bag sews up well in everything from cotton moleskin and tweed to contrasting patchwork fabrics for a different look. Finish the retro homespun feel with mismatching vintage buttons. Poacher’s Bag finished dimensions: height 12½” (32 cm) width 15½” (40 cm).
- ¾ yard (50 cm) of 54” (140 cm) wide or 1 yard of 44” (112 cm) wide exterior fabric
- 2/3 yard (60 cm) of 44” (92 cm) wide lining fabric
- ½ yard of 36” (92 cm) wide sew-in craft interfacing
- ½ yard of 36” (92cm) wide fusible interfacing
- 1 magnetic snap set
- 2 or 3 buttons approx. 1¼” (35 mm) diameter to trim flap
- If using a purchased strap, you will need:
- Leather or vinyl strap approx. 24” (60 cm) long with metal ring ends
- Piece of fusible web approx. 4” x 6” (10 x 15 cm)
You will also need to gather up:
More Random Bags to Sew!